Building the capacity of Armenian Civil Society Organizations to engage with Council of Europe Monitoring Mechanisms
Pyunic has partnered with the Advocacy Centre on the Council of Europe Standards (ACCESS, Strasbourg, France) to work towards the mission.
- Capacity and awareness-raising events in Yerevan, Gyumri and Vanadzor.
- Identify gaps in Armenia’s legislation with regard to the European Social Charter (ESC) and the United Nations Convetion on the Rights of People with Disabilities (UN CRPD).
- Two reports will be submitted to the European Committee of Social Rights and the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance. Armenian civil society representatives will receive necessary advisory support to complete this reports.
- Major projects to be preceded by in-depth study on the protection of social rights of people with disabilities, conducted by international experts.
- ACCESS will develop a Handbook on the CoE standards relevant to the protection of the rights of persons with disabilities to be used as a reference tool. To be available in Armenian and English.
- Public education campaigns and programs will be included:
- Photo Exhibition
- Pyunic Maration from Opera House to the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin
- Ascent to Mt. Aragats